Monday, June 06, 2005

old habits reincarnated

As I spend more time at home, I'm finding that some of my old habits are coming back. For example:
  1. It's really hard to get any "work" done at home. I try to read or do something other than watch TV or sit in front of the computer, but I always seem to end up right back here where I started. I recognize that part of that has to do with different space and having other people closer in to my space, but I still find it hard to do the reading and other sorts of things that I would have done in another space with this same amount of time.

  2. Somewhat related to this are eating and personal care habits. I all too easily break back into unhealthy eating and excuses to not exercise while I'm here. I try pretty hard, but I don't succeed. I've always had much better success when I can start from scratch and do things in an entirely new way.

  3. I either live in my room or outside the house. Thanks to a rearranged room, I have more openness in my bedroom than I have had since I was little. However, I can't spend much time outside of it without leaving the house altogether. I find that I have to take some kind of trip every day to keep my spirits up and simply make sure that I don't completely lose it!

I'm simply glad this is a temporary arrangement!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?