Friday, May 06, 2005

nocturnal musings

This makes two nights in a row that I have stayed up way too late! Tonight is actually better than last night, when I got to bed at 3 AM! However, I must say that I am now running Tiger and very happy to be doing so! It's quite fun, very speedy, and just a generally wonderful thing. The first two hours were excruciating as everything settled in, the caches were created, the Spotlight indices built, and the random software reinstalled, but after that, I have been extremely impressed, especially considering some of the horror stories I have read and heard from others.

Life is much more than the computer now, though. It is strange to say this, but I am now done with seminary. There's nothing I can do to change this now – the only possible problem would come if a professor chose not to pass me in my final semester, which I doubt will happen. It is a weird feeling, to say the least! Even weirder is the thought of leaving behind the people here.

If you had asked me even two weeks ago if I would be sad about leaving, the answer would have been a resounding NO! But things happen.... and now I'm fighting back tears when I think about the wonderful people around me. Yeah, there are some folks whom I am ready to be away from, but I keep finding that the people who are important to me are really important to me. It's a very strange feeling, one I have felt before, but one that I feel much more deeply now than then, and I'm not entirely sure why.

The boxes are starting to get packed, the bookshelves are getting bare, and things are just changing all around me. I'm all for change, but it's just scary to be in the middle of it, not certain about what is next.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?